many thanks for your reply and the tips. I managed to figure out SD printing with PronterFace and it worked flawlessly. I used a different line distance for the PronterFace run, but that shouldn’t have been what caused the misfiring in the first place.
Attached is the gcode as requested, Bonne. gcode.txt (682.8 KB)
For anyone new to PronterFace like me: I couldn’t figure out how to tell PronterFace where the starting point is, so I included
G92 X0 Y0 Z0 at the beginning of the gcode generated by LaserWeb and that works fine when you manually jog to the point you want beforehand.
Very happy with the result! The black spots are knot-holes in the wood, no worries.
Greater line distance gives a nice pixelated kinda look, I like it. (For anyone interested: Fill Path, Line Distance 0.6, Speed 75 mm/s, 20% Power, Z distance 15 mm, spruce wood)
I applied some colour to the failed engraving and sanded it off of the surface, gives more contrast.
tldr: I’ll probably use Pronterface for bigger engraving jobs from now on.