HELP: 2 errors and no solution for months

Our FabCreator has been idle for 5 months and that is a shame. Therefore I try to find solutions with you.

Error 1:
The positions of the x and y axes are incorrect.

Error 2:
When the laser is activated, the laser head goes to the start position and then the whole laser cutter crashes and you can only take it off the power.
Maybe someone of you can help - that would be great!

greeting
Christian

Hi Christian,
Sorry you are having issues with your FabCore,
The last contact I had with your colleague Anke (about two months ago) the plan was to bring it to us for repair. I had offered to attempted to fix the settings remotely but Anke preferred to bring it to us.

You are of course still welcome to bring it to us. Or we can try and fix it remotely over teams or similar.

The problem originally occurred after you attempted to increase the default speeds and edited the machine settings. A month prior to the last contact with Anke, i had sent you what should be the correct settings and how to install them in lightburn.

Kind regards,
Bonne

Hello Bonne,

thanks for the quick reply.

First of all, I’ll just say: seems to be a communication error.

But: can we solve the problem quickly? Maybe tomorrow? Then gladly via teams, because in the pandemic the trip to the Netherlands is not unproblematic in my opinion.

If necessary, there is the possibility of remote access.

Should / can I export any data in advance from another FabCreator (another school that bought it on my advice) and then import it on our lightburn?

I would be very grateful.

greeting
Christian

Hi Christian,

Sure, I try to be responsive :slight_smile: However immediate solutions and responses are not always possible.

A communication error indeed, had you informed me earlier you were unable to personally drive the machine to us then we could already have found another solution.

I think at this point we should continue with the original plan that was arrange two months ago and return the machine to us so we can ensure its working 100% as intended.
If returning it remains problematic with Covid, can you arrange for it to be safely packaged on a pallet. Then I will arrange for it to be collected. DE-NL is next day.

Nice to hear another school got a FabCore on your advice, I assume theirs is going well? As I have not heard anything from them.

Kind regards,
Bonne