So I took this Thingiverse CNC axis head and tail stocks (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1877336) and modified it in to flat modules suitable for lasercutting from 5mm Acrylic sheet (I can be certain whomever here wants to try this has a laser cutter, they may not have a 3D printer though), added notches and slots for M3 screws and nuts
Then I imported them in to LaserWeb4 and cut them on the FABkit:
Removed them from the stock 5mm Acrylic sheets and peeled off the cover plastic
I've started putting them together... Included also are a number of screws (M8 and M10) and nuts, a NEMA17 stepper and 3D printed pulleys... (You can also order these pulleys from a webstore)
Still waiting for some pillow-bearings to arrive, and gotta get some more M3 screws and nuts, and then I can do some basic testing...
I will share all the information if this proves to be a succes!
(Next up will be printing chucks for it...)